Alumni Career Services are intended for UCSB alumni. Unfortunately these services do not extend to staff and community members.
Please review your options below and select the right service for you...
1. Handshake Access ... Request Account Access
No charge for UCSB alumni
With UCSB’s exclusive online job & internship listing site you can:
- Easily search positions by industry or location
- Create job agents that search positions for you
- Store your professional documents (resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc) making the application processes quick and simple
- Access contact information for employers of interest
- Save employers as favorites and see when your favorite employers have posted new positions
- And much more
NOTE: Links into Handshake from our website require single sign-on access (for currently registered students only). Alumni using Handshake will need to manually log into Handshake via the UCSB Alumni Login link. Handshake alumni access does not extend to On-Campus Interviews or Counselor Appointments. On-campus Interviews are only for currently enrolled students.
2. Career Fair Admission Pass... Request Fair Pass
No Charge for UCSB Alumni but we do ask that you let us know that you are planning to attend by filling out the request form above.
You can request a fair pass for any of our quarterly "Career & Internship Fairs". Entry will be allowed during the General Admission Hours of 11am-2pm. Note: you will need to bring a Driver's License/Identification Card, along with your student ID or proof of UC education.
3. One-on-One Career Consultation ... Go to WayFinders
For UCSB alumni beyond our 1-year grace period who seek one-on-one career consultation/coaching assistance, we have contracted with Wayfinders, a private career management and transition consulting firm. Providing UCSB alumni with dynamic online confidential career counseling, you can access this unique service from anywhere in the world without having to leave your home or office. In addition, all UCSB alumni can access Wayfinders’ services at a discounted rate.
Services and benefits include:
- An interactive relationship with a Nationally Certified Career Counselor who will devote research and preparation to your specific situation.
- Personalized, confidential career consultation.
- Virtual counseling (via Skype, phone or other platform) scheduled at your convenience to assist you with issues including career decisions, resume review, interviewing skills, job search strategies and salary negotiation techniques.
- Professional/graduate school preparatory assistance including application essay guidance.
- Flexible service options.
Additional services, such as career assessment to help you define your skills, interests, and objectives may be added on (with accompanying cost) if you and your counselor believe they are warranted.