As a recent graduate of UCSB, you have access to Handshake and various services offered by Career Services. Accounts for UCSB Alumni who graduated since summer 2016 have already been created. Recent alumni should continue using your Umail account to log onto Handshake. We are using the Umail account to identify students who have access to their Grace Period. Umail accounts are available to graduates for 13 months following graduation. If you need to change your password, before your Umail account expires please review "How do I reset my Handshake password?"
RECENT GRADUATE ONE-YEAR “GRACE PERIOD”
Beginning with the spring 2015 graduating class, Career Services counselor advising remains open to UCSB alumni for one year AFTER graduation. This Grace Period also includes access to the standard alumni services which includes a Handshake account, workshop attendance, and career fair entrance, with the exception of the On-Campus Interview Program (OCI). Only registered students have access to OCI.
The credentials used to log into Handshake via the Single Sign-On Login Page are only available to currently registered students. Note that even though you will be logging in through the Alumni portal, you will still be accessing the same account you had as a student.
After your Grace Period ends your Handshake access can continue with a non-Umail address and you will lose access to advising from our career counselors. You can read about an alternate career advising source on the Alumni Career Services page.
To SET UP your grace period account and log into Handshake:
- To set up your Handshake alumni account, use the "UCSB Alumni Login" link below.
- The first time you logon, you may need to set your password via the "Forgot your password" link at the bottom of the login page. When prompted, enter your Umail address in the field provided.
- An email will be sent to your Umail account to confirm your email address. Currently, Umail accounts are valid for 13-months after graduation.
- Enter a password to log into Handshake. This will log you into your existing Handshake account.
- Your grace period is for one year following the last day of your graduation quarter. If you finish your last classes at the end of Winter Quarter, your grace period will expire on the last day of Winter quarter the following year. The dates for each quarter can be found on the Approved Academic Calendar section of the Registrar's website.
Once you have set your password, you can log onto your Handshake account click via the UCSB Alumni Login button on this page or the link in the menu.
If you have any questions or problems, please call us (805) 893-4412.