Accounts for UCSB Alumni those who graduated between summer 2016 and winter 2017 will be created soon. These recent alumni should not attempt to create an account before this date. Please bear with us as we transition from GauchoLink to Handshake.
As a recent graduate of UCSB, you may still have access to GauchoLink and various services offered by Career Services.
RECENT GRADUATE “GRACE PERIOD”
Beginning with the spring 2015 graduating class, career services remain open to UCSB alumni for one year AFTER graduation (the last quarter you are registered for classes at UCSB). This includes access to Handshake, workshop attendance, career advising, career fairs, etc, with the exception of the On-Campus Interview Program.
The credentials used to log into Handshake via the Single Sign-On Login Page are only valid for currently registered students. Once you have graduated, you are on your one-year “grace period” access to Handshake and the services offered by Career. Note that even though you will be logging in through the Alumni portal, you will still be accessing the same account you had as a student.
To SET UP your grace period account and log into GauchoLink:
- To set up your Handshake alumni account, use the "UCSB Alumni Login" link.
- The first time you logon, you must set your password via the "Forgot your password" link at the bottom of the login page. When prompted, enter your Umail address in the field provided.
- An email will be sent to your Umail account to confirm your email address. Currently, Umail accounts are valid for over a year after graduation.
- Enter a password to log into Handshake. This will log you into your existing Handshake account.
- Your grace period is for one year following the last day of your last registered quarter. If you finish your last classes at the end of Winter Quarter, your grace period will expire on the last day of Winter quarter the following year. The dates for each quarter can be found on the Approved Academic Calendar section of the Registrar's website.
Once you have set your password, you can log onto your Handshake account click via the UCSB Alumni Login button on this page or the link in the menu.
If you have any questions or problems, please call us (805) 893-4412.