As a recent graduate of UCSB, you may still have access to GauchoLink and various services offered by Career Services.
RECENT GRADUATE “GRACE PERIOD”
Beginning with the spring 2015 graduating class, career services remain open to UCSB alumni for one year AFTER graduation (the last quarter you are registered for classes at UCSB). This includes access to GauchoLink, workshop attendance, career advising, career fairs, etc, with the exception of the On-Campus Interview Program.
The credentials used to log into GauchoLink via the Student Login Page are only valid for currently registered students. Once you have graduated, you are on your one-year “grace period” access to GauchoLink and the services offered by Career. Note that even though you will be logging in through the Alumni portal, you will still be accessing the same account you had as a student.
To SET UP your grace period account and log into GauchoLink:
- To set up your GauchoLink alumni account, use the "Alumni GauchoLink Login" link.
- The first time you logon, you must set your password via the "Forgot Password" link at the bottom of the login page. When prompted, enter your Username in the field provided. Please note that your Username is your UCSB NetID followed by the characters “@ucsb.edu”, for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Please note that while it looks like an email, it does NOT represent an email address.
- A "UCSB GauchoLink Forgot Password" email will be sent to the last email you used in GauchoLink. For most recent graduates that will be your Umail account. Currently, Umail accounts are valid for over a year after graduation.
- Click on the "Set Your Password" link in the email. This will log you into your existing GauchoLink account and prompt you to set your new alumni account password.
- You will now be logged onto GauchoLink.
- Your grace period is for one year following the last day of your last registered quarter. If you finish your last classes at the end of Winter Quarter, your grace period will expire on the last day of Winter quarter the following year. The dates for each quarter can be found on the Approved Academic Calendar section of the Registrar's website.
Once you have set your password, you can log onto your GauchoLink account click via the Alumni GauchoLink Login button on this page or the link in the menu.
Alumni who graduated and are outside their grace period can still get assistance through our Alumni Career Services page. If you have any questions or problems, please call us (805) 893-4412.