To apply for 2013-2014 Career Peer Advisor position:
- Download and complete the 2013-2014 Career Peer Advisor application.
- Attend an information session either on Tuesday, January 15 (6-7pm) or Wednesday, January 23 (6:30-7:30pm).
- Get your résumé and cover letter critiqued by a career counselor during CRR drop-in hours, Monday to Friday, 11am-4pm.
- Submit your application by Monday, January 28!
NOTE: Apply to only ONE peer advisor position through Handshake (UCSB's job/internship database) and select which individual interview date is your #1 preference (Handshake Job ID# and Date):
- 735163-Monday (Feb 25)
- 735164-Tuesday (Feb 26)
- 735165-Thursday (Feb 28)
Upload the following documents to Handshake in order to complete the application process:
- Career Peer Advisor Application (PDF application you completed)
- Cover Letter
Good luck in the application process!
Career Peer Advisors are employed for 10 hours per week and need to commit for the entire Fall 2013-Spring 2014 academic year. They also need to be available for training the week before classes begin in Fall Quarter.
Peer responsibilities include:
- Actively develop a working knowledge of agency and campus referral sources in the areas of career exploration, internships, job search and graduate school.
- Advise students in their initial stages of career planning and provide appropriate referrals to advisors, counselors, or other campus agencies as needed.
- Conduct research for career library including revision and organization of current materials.
- Recommend students to appropriate occupational binders, handouts, resource materials and computer programs relevant to their needs.
- Help students with Handshake registration and internet searches for part-time, internship and career employment options.
- Guide students on how to apply for the Internship Certificate Program.
- Troubleshoot questions when applying for positions through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program.
- Conduct formal/informal group presentations to students, faculty and staff about Career Services.
- Assist career counselors with program development and implementation of specialty areas.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and training of new Career Peer Advisors.
- Provide tours of Career Resource Room as requested.
- Serve as ambassadors for Career Services and market our programs to students, academic departments, residence halls and student organizations.