Held a week after UCSB's Pride Week, the LGBTQ Career Mixer invites UCSB LGBTQ students to meet and mingle with over a dozen employers dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. There will be internship and full-time job opportunities for all majors. Bring copies of your resume and light refreshments will be provided. Brought to you by Career Services, Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity, and Queer Commission. Sponsored by U.S. Bank and Northrop Grumman.
4:30PM-6:00PM: Open Networking
6:00PM: Event Ends
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to the LGBTQ Career Mixer?
- Your student I.D. or perm number
- Copies of your resume
- Any supplemental materials you deem necessary in landing that job!
How can I prepare for the LGBTQ Career Mixer?
- Check out the UCSB Career Services calendar for events regarding resumes, networking, LinkedIn, and interviewing to help you prepare
- Visit the Career Resource Room to speak with a career counselor during drop-in hours (M-F from 11am-4pm) or make an individual appointment with a career counselor.
- Take a look at our Career Manual, including page 79 and 80, which are specific to LGBTQ students.
Who can attend the LGBTQ Career Mixer?
Currently enrolled UCSB LGBTQ (and allies) students (including graduate students) of all majors and class levels are invited to attend. Recent LGBTQ alumni also welcome.
Additional Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.