For students who are trying to figure out a major, research careers, find an internship or job, Career Services has a Career Resource Room (CRR) to help you explore. You can chat with a Career Peer Advisor to help answer any quick career-related question you may have or help you sign up for an assessment. You can also sit down with a Career Counselor for a 10 minute drop-in session. Our Career Counselors can answer quick questions, review drafts of your resume, and/or help you brainstorm how to uncover jobs in a particular field.
Our career binders, books and videos contain information on hundreds of careers, including what professionals in the field do, how much they are paid, training requirements, whether the field is growing or shrinking, etc. Much of what we have available is viewable online. The career binders are divided into 13 different industry sectors:
- Arts, Design & Museum
- Communication, Media, Entertainment & Sports
- Computer & Mathematics
- Education, Research & Information Science
- Engineering, Trades & Architecture
- Life & Physical Science
- Social Service & Nonprofit
- Environment, Sustainability & Agriculture
- Health & Medicine
- Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Law, Government, Public Policy, Service & Safety.
The library in the CRR features resources on resume writing, interviews strategies, career planning and more! NOTE: The Career Services’ Library is a reference collection and does not check-out books to students. There are tables and chairs available to you as you go through the books.
The CRR computer lab is your connection to finding part-time/full-time jobs & internships, taking career assessments, and/or just surfing the Internet to access and research career-related information.
- CRR Hours: 8:30am -4:30pm; Monday - Friday; Summer/holiday hours vary
- Drop-In Hours: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Monday - Friday; Summer/holiday hours vary
- Additional Information: Contact us at (805) 893-4414 or email the Career Resource Coordinator, Maya Salmon.