A strong online presence can positively impact your career success. It’s important to know where recruiters are looking for you on social media, and how you can appropriately incorporate social media into your internship and job search. LinkedIn is like your professional version of Facebook, organizing your network of contacts which gives you an advantage during your education and career! We host quarterly workshops (Career calendar) to help you utilize LinkedIn. You can also come to drop-in or schedule an appointment to have a LinkedIn profile critique. We’ve gathered our favorite LinkedIn tutorials and quick reference sheets for tips to get started.
The most recent numbers show LinkedIn has over 433 million members. This is your ultimate tool to build your personal brand, strengthen your online reputation, create a virtual portfolio, and connect with the world’s professionals. LinkedIn also makes it easier to search for jobs, research companies, join professional groups, and explore universities. The following resources can help you!
- The Job Hunting Handbook - A Practical Guide for Kick-Starting your Career
- The Job Hunting Handbook - Job Searching for Students and Recent Graduates
- The Job Hunting Handbook - Interviewing for Students and Recent Graduates
- Build Your Professional Brand - Publishing on LinkedIn
- Profile Checklist: College Students
- Building a Great Student Profile
- Using LinkedIn to Find a Job or Internship
- How to Network on LinkedIn
- Tailoring Your LinkedIn Profile to Your Goals
- How to Communicate Effectively on LinkedIn
- Build Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- Using the Alumni Tool to Explore Career Paths