The Work-Study Program (WSP) encourages the part-time employment of UCSB's undergraduate and graduate students. Their earnings help them to defray the cost of their education. To the maximum extent practicable, FWSP positions should complement and reinforce a recipient's academic and/or career goals, serve the public interest and, whenever possible, directly involve the recipient in community service activities.
Your agency can help us meet this goal by identifying existing and/or developing new employment opportunities within your organization and community.
Visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website for their "Work-Study Program Employer Handbooks" for on-campus departments and non-profit agencies; information on the "Changes to Work-Study Job Board"; and instructions on "How to Post a Work-Study Job?".
NOTE Regarding Work-Study postings: UCSB Financial Aid does not accept work study positions over the summer. Over the summer months (June-Sept), employers are welcome to submit postings to be reviewed by Career Services as non-work-study positions. The UCSB Work-Study Program will resume approving Work-Study job postings for the 2018-2019 academic year in mid August.
Current Calendar Notes
- May 23, 2018: Last day for students to work OFF-campus under Work-Study posting until Fall (Sept 2018).
- May 28, 2018: Last day to submit ON-campus Work-Study job postings for review until Fall; there is no Work-Study available for summer.
- June 6, 2018: Last day for students to work ON-campus under Work-Study job posting until Fall (Sept 2018).
- July 31, 2018: Departments can begin to post positions on Handshake to get them in the pipeline for review.
- Aug 13, 2018: The Office of Financial Aid will begin to approve postings on this date and students will be able to review and apply to work-study postings.
- Sept 17, 2018: Students can begin printing their Work-Study Referral Forms with a start date of Sept 24.
- Sept 24, 2018: The first day students will be allowed to begin Work-Study positions for the academic year.
- May 18, 2019: Last day for students to work under Work-Study in an off-campus Work-Study position
- May 27, 2019: Last day for students to work under Work-Study for Monthly employees
- June 1, 2019: Final date students can work under Work-Study for Bi-Weekly employees.
Please refer any questions about work study positions to the Financial Aid office: FinAidWSP@sa.ucsb.edu