The Work-Study Program (WSP) encourages the part-time employment of UCSB's undergraduate and graduate students. Their earnings help them to defray the cost of their education. To the maximum extent practicable, FWSP positions should complement and reinforce a recipient's academic and/or career goals, serve the public interest and, whenever possible, directly involve the recipient in community service activities.
Your agency can help us meet this goal by identifying existing and/or developing new employment opportunities within your organization and community.
Visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website for their "Work-Study Program Employer Handbooks" for on-campus departments and non-profit agencies; information on the "Changes to Work-Study Job Board"; and instuctions on "How to Post a Work-Study Job?".
NOTE Regarding Work-Study postings for remainder of Spring 2016 quarter: "The UCSB FInancial Aid Work-Study Program is not accepting any new applicants due to limited funding for the remaining 2015-2016 academic year. Due to the limitation of funding, UCSB Financial Aid will be rejecting any new job-posting through GauchoLink associated with Work-Study. Employers are welcome to submit postings to be reviewed by Career Services as non-work-study positions. The UCSB Work-Study Program will resume accepting Work-Study job postings for the 2016-2017 academic year in mid-September."
Current Calendar Notes
- May 23: Last day for students to work OFF-campus under Work-Study posting until Fall (Sept 22).
- May 28: Last day to submit ON-campus Work-Study job postings for review until Fall (Aug 11); there is no Work-Study available for summer.
- June 6: Last day for students to work ON-campus under Work-Study job posting until Fall (Sept 22).
- Aug 3: Work-Study option for on- and off-campus employers will be reinstated for Fall; Financial Aid Work-Study Unit will begin reviewing Fall Work-Study postings on this day; Students will not be able to view early postings until Sept 2.
- Aug 17: Registered students will be able to view Fall Work-Study job postings.
- Sept 12: The first day students will be allowed to begin Work-Study positions for the academic year.