Why Recruit A UCSB Intern?
- UCSB students are motivated, driven, and highly qualified to become trainees at your organization and collaborate with your professional staff.
- An internship program can be a cost-effective method for identifying potential candidates for future, full-time hires and interns become goodwill ambassadors for your future intern pipeline.
- UCSB students will contribute a fresh perspective to help with key projects at your organization while they learn essential industry knowledge.
- Offering internship opportunities to UCSB students will increase your visibility on campus and the community while supporting your organization’s goals.
UCSB Career Services Support for Internship Providers
Our Employer Services Team can help you design an effective recruitment plan and we offer a variety of on-campus and virtual recruitment tools for you to participate with based on your needs.
Career Services will:
- Provide free access to Handshake, our premier job posting board. You can specify the applicant criteria to target a specific population, and your recruiters can manage applications and interviews.
- Offer opportunities for your organization to participate in quarterly Career Fairs, host information sessions, take part in on-campus interviews, or get involved as a Career Partner. We also offer supplementary quarterly on-campus events.
- Support your team to create an internship program from scratch, develop internship descriptions, and enhance existing internship recruitment strategies.
- Provide additional ways to find talent! Explore our Building Your Brand at UCSB section of our website.
Contact the Employer Services team so we can help support your recruiting needs. Our Internship Development Coordinator can help you get an internship program started and support your existing opportunities. Email CareerInternships@sa.ucsb.edu