Greetings from UCSB Career Services! We are proud to present Handshake, a new recruitment and career planning software that will enhance your brand and connect you directly with talented UCSB students and recent alumni. Handshake is currently helping over 120,000 top employers (including 95% of Fortune 500 companies) easily find, recruit and hire the best college talent across the country. Handshake features free multi-school job posting, powerful applicant filtering, and direct student messaging.
To set up your Handshake account, please visit our Handshake Employer Portal
To learn more about using Handshake, please visit the Handshake Resource Center for useful articles on Getting Started, Managing User Settings, Understanding Privacy Settings, Posting a Job, and much more!
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job or internship
- Post a work-study job
- Schedule interviews with students who wish to join your company/organization
- Register for career fairs and request information sessions
- Help UCSB students to put their scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Instructions for Registering on Handshake: Go to: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new.
- VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
- CONNECT WITH UCSB: Use the search bar to find "University of California, Santa Barbara" and click the “+” to connect with us!
- CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by UCSB Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with UCSB.
Additional company-related information:
- How do I create a user account and join a company already in Handshake?
- How do I create a new company in Handshake?
- How do I leave a company and join another one? (if you picked the wrong company)
Consider these recruiting options:
- On-Campus Interviews
- Information Sessions
- Recruiting Events
- Email Blasts
- Visibility Tabling
- Connect with Student Organizations
- Sponsorship and advertisement opportunities
For recruiting assistance contact our Employer Services team.
UCSB Points of Pride ... Where Our Students Excel
- The Koegel Autism Center at the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education has been recognized by the National Research Council as one of the top 10 state-of-the-art treatment centers for autism in the United States.
- Researchers and professors educating our students - "The New Medicine" at UC Santa Barbara, Amgen founder Bill Bowes gives $5 million to develop stem cell therapy for ocular disease; donation launches EMBODI, new biomedical initiative.
- UCSB’s renowned faculty includes six winners of Nobel Prizes for landmark research in engineering, chemistry, physics, chemistry and economics, and scores of elected members of national and international academies and societies. An alumna of the College of Creative Studies was named 2009 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine.
- Over half of all graduating seniors collaborate with faculty members on original research or creative projects. The campus nurtures such activities with a program of student grants totaling $200,000 annually.
- UCSB is ranked #10 in the nation for students hired for City Year last year out of over 2600 institutions! There are currently 22 Gauchos working in schools across the country!
- ... more UCSB Points of Pride!