Greetings from UCSB Career Services! We wish to inform you of an exciting transition that will enhance how you recruit UCSB talent. Career Services is in the process of adopting a new dynamic recruitment platform known as Handshake, a contemporary recruitment and career planning software that will enhance your brand and connect you directly with talented UCSB students and recent alumni. Handshake is currently helping over 120,000 top employers (including 95% of Fortune 500 companies) easily find, recruit and hire the best college talent across the country.
To set up your Handshake account, use the link in our email with the subject line, "Welcome to the UCSB Handshake Experience!" If you do not have this email go to the Handshake signup webpage.
Handshake features free multi-school job posting, powerful applicant filtering, and direct student messaging.
In order to allow recruiters time to set up new Handshake accounts, we have dedicated May and the first half of June to employer account setup. Our Handshake Support Team will be available to assist you throughout this transition. A conversion of this magnitude will certainly not come without some challenges, but we’re committed to doing all we can to ensure a smooth transition. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Review the Handshake Employers page for more information on "Getting Started", "User Settings", "Company Settings", and "Jobs".
Important Information for Recruiters Regarding Their GauchoLink Account
ITEM 1: As of May 19, 2017, we will no longer accept new job postings in GauchoLink. Job postings in the system as of that date will remain active and visible to students until June 16, 2017. Students will begin accessing Handshake in mid-June.
ITEM 2: If you haven’t done so yet, please login to GauchoLink and save any critical information you would like to keep for your personal records. After Friday, June 16, you will no longer be able to retrieve any information from the system. Based on your recent activity with UC Santa Barbara, you may be able to access the data below:
- Company profile information
- Current job postings and associated candidate resumes
- Archived job postings
- Past career fair attendance
ITEM 3: Please be advised that any references to GauchoLink on applicant materials should be changed as of June 16. Refer students to Handshake to access your postings and event information as of this date.
Note that students will begin logging into the new system after June 16, 2017.
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job or internship
- Post a work-study job
- Schedule interviews with students who wish to join your company/organization
- Register for career fairs and request information sessions
- Help UCSB students to put their scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Instructions for Registering on Handshake: Go to: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new.
- VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
- CONNECT WITH UCSB: Use the search bar to find "University of California, Santa Barbara" and click the “+” to connect with us!
- CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by UCSB Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with UCSB.
Additional company-related information:
- How do I create a user account and join a company already in Handshake?
- How do I create a new company in Handshake?
- How do I leave a company and join another one? (if you picked the wrong company)
Consider these recruiting options:
- On-Campus Interviews
- Information Sessions
- Recruiting Events
- Email Blasts
- Visibility Tabling
- Connect with Student Organizations
- Sponsorship and advertisement opportunities
For recruiting assistance contact our Employer Services team.
UCSB Points of Pride ... Where Our Students Excel
- The Koegel Autism Center at the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education has been recognized by the National Research Council as one of the top 10 state-of-the-art treatment centers for autism in the United States.
- Researchers and professors educating our students - "The New Medicine" at UC Santa Barbara, Amgen founder Bill Bowes gives $5 million to develop stem cell therapy for ocular disease; donation launches EMBODI, new biomedical initiative.
- UCSB’s renowned faculty includes six winners of Nobel Prizes for landmark research in engineering, chemistry, physics, chemistry and economics, and scores of elected members of national and international academies and societies. An alumna of the College of Creative Studies was named 2009 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine.
- Over half of all graduating seniors collaborate with faculty members on original research or creative projects. The campus nurtures such activities with a program of student grants totaling $200,000 annually.
- UCSB is ranked #10 in the nation for students hired for City Year last year out of over 2600 institutions! There are currently 22 Gauchos working in schools across the country!
- ... more UCSB Points of Pride!