Handshake is UCSB’s NEW and powerful recruiting platform! Handshake replaces GauchoLink which many campus departments have used in recruiting for student positions. Handshake is managed by the team at Career Services.
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job
- Post an internship
- Learn about what is going on at Career Services
- Register for career fairs
UCSB Department Account Setup
After you create your user account with your UCSB email and confirm your email, Handshake will ask you to connect to your employer (department). Type "UCSB" and look through the generated search list of existing UCSB departments associated with Handshake. If you see your department, select that department and continue. Once you select a department your account must be approved by an existing department staff member.
If you do not see your department in the extended list, select "Create New Company" and enter your department name using one of the following formats:
- UCSB Department of ______
- UCSB Office of _____
- UCSB _____
Note that you will be asked to enter information to create your department's profile page. This can be updated at a later time. Should you have questions throughout this transition, training documents and videos can be found on Handshake's Support Page.
Instructions for posting a job online:
Go to Career's employer webpage and review/follow these steps:
- REGISTER & CONFIRM: Follow the "Instructions for Registering on Handshake"
- LOGIN: You can now log into Handshake using your UCSB office email and the password you set. The Handshake logo on the top of the right column will take you to Handshake's employer login page.
- POST A JOB: Click on JOBS in the left column under POSTINGS. On the Handshake JOBS page, click on the “Create Job” button. Once you have filled in the required fields in each of the tabbed sections (Basics, Details, Preferences, Schools), click “Create".
- REVIEW: Your job posting will then be reviewed by each institution you submit the posting to.