Fall quarter's Resume+ will be a TWO-DAY event! Employers specifically for STEM majors will be attending on Wednesday, October 11 and employers for Non-Tech & Liberal Arts majors will be present on Thursday, October 12. These "real world" employers and our career counselors will be available to give you advice on your résumé. Be sure to bring hard copies of your résumé! Your attendance at Resume+ earns you an "Early Admission" pass for the upcoming Fall Career & Internship Fair.
If you are unable to attend Resume+ or want to avoid the rush, feel free to visit the Career Resource Center during drop-in hours to get your résumé critiqued. Drop-in hours are Monday-Friday from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Practice Your Elevator Pitch!
Participate in our Elevator Pitch Raffle at Resume+ for a chance to win a Bookstore Gift Card! Check our Elevator Pitch Tips handout to help you prepare!
Day 1: STEM Majors - List of Participating Employers
Day 2: Non-Tech & Liberal Arts - List of Participating Employers
Who can attend the Resume+ event?
UCSB registered students of all levels are invited to attend.
What if I am an alumnus?
Resume+ is not available to UC Alumni.
What if I am an international student?
UCSB international students are welcome to attend. Please have your perm number ready at registration on the day of Resume +.
What if I am an Extension student?
Resume+ is not available to Extension students.
What if I am a staff member, a post-doctoral fellow or a community member?
Resume+ is not available to staff members, post-doctoral fellows or community members.
What should I bring to the Resume+ event?
- Your student I.D. or perm number
- Printed copies of your résumé
What is an "Early Admission Pass" and how do I get one?
On the day of the career fair, an "Early Admission" hour is held before general admission, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Employers look forward to this special hour of time to interact with students who have demonstrated a high level of preparedness for the career fair. The Early Admission hour is for pre-approved students (does not include Alumni and Extension students) ONLY who have an "early admission pass". You can access an early admission pass for career fair entry at 10:00 AM if you meet all of the following criteria:
1. You had your résumé critiqued at:
- During Drop-In hours at the Career Resource Room
2. You are professionally dressed at the career fair
3. You have researched the List of Participating Employers to see which companies will be in attendance. Researching potential employers demonstrates your preparedness for a job and will be evident in your interaction with company representatives.
How else can I prepare for the career fair?
Check out these workshops to prepare you for career fair success!
- How to Work a Career Fair (STEM): Hosted by Continental – October 11, 4:00-5:00pm; Career Rm 1109
- How to Work a Career Fair (Non-Tech & Liberal Arts): October 12, 4:00-5:00pm; Career Rm 1109
Questions? Contact CareerEvents@sa.ucsb.edu.