On the day of the career fair, an "Early Admission" hour is held before general admission, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Employers look forward to this special hour of time to interact with students who have demonstrated a high level of preparedness for the career fair. The Early Admission hour is for pre-approved students (does not include Alumni and Extension students) ONLY who have an "early admission pass". You can access an early admission pass for career fair entry at 10:00 AM if you meet all of the following criteria:
1. You had your résumé critiqued at:
- During Drop-In hours at the Career Resource Room
2. You are professionally dressed at the career fair
3. You have researched the List of Participating Employers to see which companies will be in attendance.
- Check out the List of Participating Organizations
- Make a list of the organizations you're interested in and research them. Visit their websites, prepare questions to ask, take note of what positions they are looking to fill. Your preparation is a sure way to stand out from the crowd!
- Visit the Career Resource Room to speak with a career counselor during drop-in hours (M-F from 11am-4pm) or make an individual appointment with a career counselor.
- Refer to the “Resume Writing” section of our Career Manual
Stop by the "How to Work a Career Fair" Workshop after resume+!
April 11th, 4-5pm; Career Rm 1109
Check out our "How to Work a Career Fair" page for more tips!