Imagine PhD: Social Science, Humanities, Education, and Fine Arts (SHEF) Disciplines
Did you know that Ph.D.s in the humanities and social sciences go on to fulfilling careers as entrepreneurs, researchers, marketing directors, teachers, diplomats, and more? Start your career exploration journey with ImaginePhD, a free online career exploration and planning tool designed specifically for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars in humanities and social sciences. (Note: UCSB affiliates get early access to the site starting October 9. See below for login credentials.)
With ImaginePhD, you’ll be able to:
- Assess your career-related skills, interests, and values
- Explore career paths appropriate to your discipline
- Create self-defined goals
- Map out the next steps for your career
Developed by experts from over 50 universities, ImaginePhD offers a unique platform that teaches Ph.D.s about popular job sectors, search strategies, and how to transfer skills across settings. A similar site targeting STEM graduate students has over 100,000 Ph.D. users and continues to grow.
Get started today by creating an account at http://www.imaginephd.com.
myIDP: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Disciplines
This page is aimed at helping students in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines to learn more about careers paths in industry and non-academic field.
You have put a lot of time and effort into pursuing your PhD degree. Now it's time to focus on how to leverage your expertise into a satisfying and productive career. An individual development plan (IDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best.
- Exercises to help you examine your skills, interests, and values
- A list of 20 scientific career paths with a prediction of which ones best fit your skills and interests
- A tool for setting strategic goals for the coming year, with optional reminders to keep you on track
- Articles and resources to guide you through the process
Click here, or on the icon below to access myIDP and get started! It's free!
Versatile PhD is the largest online community dedicated to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhDs in humanities, social sciences, and STEM. As a UCSB graduate student or postdoctoral scholar, you have access to premium content on the VPhD website free of charge, including discussion forums, job postings, and career profiles written by PhDs who were hired outside of academia.