Handshake is the official site for jobs, internships, and on-campus interviews. In addition, it serves as a gateway to subscription services that are free for UCSB students. Click on the image to the right to log into Handshake.
First time users should read the “First Time Logging In?” item below before beginning.
Advantages to using Handshake include:
- It is the only place to access listings of work-study jobs for UCSB students;
- Most of the jobs and internships listed are appropriate for college students; very few listings will require extensive experience;
- Many of the listings are posted just for viewing by UCSB students, which means less competition for the positions.
Handshake is managed by career counselors and staff at UC Santa Barbara. While Handshake is an exclusive service for our UCSB community, it is part of a larger system used by career offices nationwide. Access is restricted to students with a current UCSB NetID and recent alumni. We also welcome faculty and staff to use the system.
First Time Logging in as a Student?
Handshake is a UCSB "single sign on" application that allows you to log on with your UCSBnetID and it’s associated password. The same UCSBnetID/password combination that login that gets you into GOLD, your financial aid status page, your BARC page, etc., gets you into Handshake. If you need any assistance, please contact the Career Resource Room peers by coming to Career Services or calling (805) 893-4414. If you need assistance with your UCSBnetID or forgot your password, please see the UCSB Identity Manager webpage.
What can you do with Handshake?
- Find a part-time job: on-campus, work-study or off-campus
- Obtain an internship
- Search for a full-time job
- Create and store resumes, cover letters, transcripts and other professional documents
- View a calendar of upcoming events at Career Services
- See which employers are coming to career fairs
- Schedule on-campus interviews with employers who want to hire you for a career position
- Find out which employers are hosting information sessions
- Learn about what workshops are going on at Career Services
- Interact with employers within Handshake
- Put your scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Find Full- or Part-Time Jobs & Internships
Career Fairs - When and Who's Coming
Employer Information Sessions
Sign Up for On-Campus Interviews
Advanced Job Search
Event Calendar and Calendar Integration
In Handshake, click on your name in the top right corner and select User Settings from the drop-down list. Copy the .ics URL under Calendar Export into your calendar program (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).
Create & Store Your Résumé & Other Documents
Problems? If you are having any problems with Handshake call (805) 893-4414 or stop by the Career Resource Room in Building 599, Mon - Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
Disclaimer: The job/internship postings to Handshake are made by employers without endorsement, direct or implied, by UCSB Career Services or the University. It is the responsibility of any job- or internship-seeker to be aware of the SAFETY TIPS FOR ONLINE JOB SEARCH, and to carefully research the potential employer before applying. Please report any concerns about potential employers or job postings to UCSB Career Services in person at our front desk, by phone at (805) 893-4412 or by email to: email@example.com.