Career Services' quarterly resume+ is a real world résumé critiquing event that enables UCSB students to get feedback from community HR experts, employers and career professionals in preparation for the Career Fair offered each quarter.
Polish your résumé by having it critiqued BEFORE the next fair! resume+ brings to campus human resource specialists from various local businesses who volunteer their time to give fast, real-world critiques to UCSB students. Critiques are limited to 5-10 minutes and are designed to give students a sense of how they would fare with an actual employer.
Benefits of Coming to resume+
- An opportunity to have your résumé critiqued by Human Resources professionals.
- An opportunity to meet local employers and build your professional network.
- Sneak peek at possible recruiters attending the Career Fair and their job opportunities.
- "Career Advice" booth to help you with our attire, handshake(!), "elevator pitch" and more.
- Get an early entrance pass for the Career Fair an hour before the doors open to the general student population (you will also need to research employers, arrive at the Career Fair dressed professionally, and bring the early admission pass given to you at resume+).
Make sure to bring at least 10-12 copies of your polished résumé. It is always helpful for employers to receive something from you and your résumé will be the perfect way to sell your skills. Effort is made to bring both technical and non-technical employers to campus. The event lasts for two hours and over 200 students are anticipated.
Located in the Career Services Courtyard (Building 599).