The Work-Study Program (WSP) encourages the part-time employment of UCSB's undergraduate and graduate students. Their earnings help them to defray the cost of their education. To the maximum extent practicable, FWSP positions should complement and reinforce a recipient's academic and/or career goals, serve the public interest and, whenever possible, directly involve the recipient in community service activities.
Your agency can help us meet this goal by identifying existing and/or developing new employment opportunities within your organization and community.
Visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website for their "Work-Study Program Employer Handbooks" for on-campus departments and non-profit agencies; information on the "Changes to Work-Study Job Board"; and instuctions on "How to Post a Work-Study Job?".
NOTE Regarding Work-Study postings: UCSB Financial Aid does not accept work study positions over the summer. Employers are welcome to submit postings to be reviewed by Career Services as non-work-study positions. The UCSB Work-Study Program will resume accepting Work-Study job postings for the 2017-2018 academic year in mid August.
Current Calendar Notes
- May 23: Last day for students to work OFF-campus under Work-Study posting until Fall (Sept 18).
- May 28: Last day to submit ON-campus Work-Study job postings for review until Fall; there is no Work-Study available for summer.
- June 6: Last day for students to work ON-campus under Work-Study job posting until Fall (Sept 18).
- July 31: Work-Study option for on- and off-campus employers will be reinstated for Fall; You can begin posting your work-study positions on this day; Students will not be able to apply to your posting until Aug 26.
- Aug 14: Financial Aid Work-Study Unit will begin approving postings on this day. Registered students will be able to view Fall Work-Study job postings on this day.
- Aug 26: Students can begin applying to work study positions on this day
- Sept 18: The first day students will be allowed to begin Work-Study positions for the academic year.
Please refer any questions about work study positions to the Financial Aid office: FinAidWSP@sa.ucsb.edu