Campus Leadership & Departmental Peer Positions
Note that many departments fill peer positions during the prior academic year. Contact the department for up to date informaiton.
- Office of Student Life - Campus Organizations - Co-curricular activities serve an important role in the quality of life at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Clubs and organizations offer opportunities to meet new people, develop leadership skills, integrate course work with practical experiences, and gain a well rounded education. There are over 250 active organizations at UCSB. Start yours today!
- Associated Students Boards or Committees - Leadership positions within UCSB.
- Leadership Certificate Program (LCP) - The Division of Student Affairs has created a co-curricular program for UC Santa Barbara students to develop into future leaders with integrity and dedication to their respective interests. The LCP is designed to value a diversity of styles as well as to develop awareness and understanding of various leadership approaches, styles and attitudes. The program will: introduce students to the theories and concepts of leadership, enhance student leadership skills, develop awareness of major social issues confronting our global community and leaders, enhance student's academic experience without impeding regular progress toward the degree, and acknowledge the involvement and dedication of student leaders.
- Associated Students Community Affairs Board (CAB) - The AS/UCSB Community Affairs Board (CAB), UCSB’s Volunteer Action Center, is dedicated to enhancing the educational experience of all UCSB Students by providing information and easy access to community service work. Through a wide range of projects and community programs, CAB seeks to augment classroom experiences, create opportunities for career exploration, connect UCSB to the community in a meaningful way, and promote the ethics of public service.
- Faculty Research Assistant Program (FRAP) - A Directory of Undergraduate Research Opportunities and Faculty Research Interest at UCSB.