Career Services offer several resources to help you explore and choose the right major. Proper exploration is critical because you want to choose a major that you enjoy and that you can do well in. Use the steps below to begin the process:
- Take Focus 2, an online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you select your college major and plan your career.
- Check our Handout Hub for our Major Specific Overview series.
- Visit the Career Resource Room (CRR).
- Check out the resource called What Can I Do With This Major?
- Drop-in at the CRR and have any of our peer advisors or career counselors answer your questions.
- Don't let assumptions and misinformation hold you back from choosing the major you think you might want.
College Academic Advising
College of Letters & Science (L&S) Academic Advising
The Academic Advising Office can help you plan your program, understand requirements, policies, and procedures, assess your progress to degree, obtain and submit petitions, and evaluate all of your academic options, including: choice of major; the College Honors Program; research and awards; preparing for graduate and professional school. Letters & Science Major and Minor Sheets
College of Engineering (COE) Academic Advising
The Academic Advising Office can help you with understanding and meeting the requirements for graduation, understanding how GPA's are determined, changing majors, and obtain and submit petitions. Engineering Major Sheets
College of Creative Studies (CCS) Academic Advising
An important aspect of the Creative Studies program is the consistent, one-on-one faculty advising and mentorship that each student receives. In addition to being one of the benefits of CCS students, quarterly advising is also a College requirement. All students enrolled in the College are required to meet with their assigned faculty advisor each quarter to discuss their academic programs and to get approval of their proposed courses of study for the following quarter.