GauchoLink is UCSB's official site for jobs, internships, and on-campus interviews. In addition, it serves as a gateway to subscription services that are free for UCSB students. GauchoLink is managed by career counselors and staff at UC Santa Barbara. It is an exclusive service for our UCSB community. Access is restricted to registered students with a current UCSB NetID, alumni within their three month grace period, and recent alumni who have purchased access from Career Services. We also welcome faculty and staff to become familiar with the system.
Advantages to using GauchoLink include:
- It is the only place to access listings of work-study jobs for UCSB students;
- Most of the jobs and internships listed are appropriate for college students; very few listings will require extensive experience;
- Many of the listings are posted just for viewing by UCSB students, which means less competition for the positions.
What Can You Do With GauchoLink?
- Find a part-time job: on-campus, work-study or off-campus
- Obtain an internship
- Search for a full-time job
- Create and store resumes, cover letters, transcripts and other professional documents
- View a calendar of upcoming events at Career Services
- See which employers are coming to career fairs
- Schedule on-campus interviews with employers who want to hire you for a career position
- Find out which employers are hosting information sessions
- Learn about what is going on at Career Services
- Put your scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Find out more about how to use GauchoLink under Career Resources.
IMPORTANT WARNING! PLEASE READ!
The UCSB Career Services GauchoLink website is intended for the listing of legitimate full-time, part-time, internship, seasonal, and short-term positions by businesses, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, on-campus departments, and individuals who adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines.
GauchoLink postings are made by employers without endorsement, direct or implied, by UCSB Career Services or the University. It is the responsibility of any job- or internship-seeker to be aware of the dangers of online job seeking, to review our safety tips for job seekers, and to carefully research potential employers prior to applying. We do not and cannot control the behavior of participants in GauchoLink. By utilizing GauchoLink, you release the UCSB Career Services and UCSB (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual or consequential, direct and indirect of every kind and nature, known and unknown), arising out of or in any way connected with any related disputes.
We urge you to use good judgment in your interactions with employers. We strongly urge you to carefully read our SAFETY TIPS FOR ONLINE JOB SEARCH. Please report any concerns about potential employers or job postings to UCSB Career Services in person at our front desk, by phone at (805) 893-4412 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review UCSB's Guidelines for Successfully Handling Job Offers