About 30% of UCSB undergraduates enroll in graduate school within a year of earning their bachelor’s degree, and another 10% enroll at some time later. Many of those students tell us that they pursue an advanced degree in order to be eligible for specific occupations.
Whether a student is planning to earn a graduate degree in law, medicine, social work, botany, or pharmacology, Career Services can help by offering:
- Individual appointments - Discuss the application process and ask any questions about gap year strategies and more
- Quarterly Applying to Graduate School workshops - Look at the "Events" tab on Handshake to see when the next one is
- Statement of Purpose critiques - Be sure you are presenting your best self in your application
- Admissions panels - Learn what admissions committees look for in an application
In November, attend Graduate and Professional School Day in front of Career Services to learn about 100+ programs across the nation!
Inside Higher Ed's GradHacker blog had this grad school insight to offer on August 19, 2014...
- Should I Go to Grad School? - A new doctoral student offers her guide for things to consider when applying to graduate school.