Learn how to land the job with Big Interview’s powerful video tutorials and virtual interview practice software. Big Interview gives you both “FAST TRACK” and “MASTERY TRACK” systems of lessons and virtual interview practice – to get you ready…fast. Big Interview also teaches you how to get inside the head of any interviewer and prove that you’re the candidate they’re looking for.
HOW TO REGISTER AND PRACTICE
Setting up your Big Interview account:
- STEP 1: Go to https://ucsb.biginterview.com/ and click "Register".
- STEP 2: Complete registration process with your UMAIL address
- STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email at your Umail address. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
Download and open the Big Interview documentation. This PDF includes the following information:
- Setting up Your Webcam and/or Audio
- System Requirements
- Interview Training Areas
- The VIDEO CURRICULUM, which includes 10 video lessons covering all aspects of interviewing
- Lesson 1 – Job Interview Fundamentals
- Lesson 2 – Job Interview Best Practices and Common Mistakes
- Lesson 3 – Mastering Nonverbal Communications
- Lesson 4 – Analyzing the Job Description
- Lesson 5 – Tell Me About Yourself
- Lesson 6 – Why Do You Want to Work Here?
- Lesson 7 – Behavioral Questions and Your Interview Stories
- Lesson 8 – Your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Lesson 9 – Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- Lesson 10 – Ask Smart Questions
- The INTERVIEW ESSENTIALS, where you’ll find a list of modules and within each module a list of written lessons
- Module 1 – Interview Basics
- Module 2 – Landing the Interview
- Module 3 – Informational Interviews
- Module 4 – Interview Prep
- Module 5 – Acing the Interview
- Module 6 – Follow Up
- Module 7 – Answering the Top 10 Questions
- Practice Interviews Area - here you will be able to continually practice all kinds of interview questions
- By Industry
- By Competency
- Admissions Interviews
- Interview Roulette - to help keep you on your toes by throwing random questions at you so you’re forced to think on your feet
- Interview Question Library - the place to go when you want to work on problem questions
- My Videos Section – ways to review your recorded answers