We’ve compiled a variety of sites for you to explore to learn more about industries, companies and to find open positions. Use the links below:
There are many resources that can keep you informed about current industry trends. They are available and can help you research industries and occupational titles in order to make an informed decision about pursuing a certain career path.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The US Department of Labor-Bureau Statistic's compendium of information on hundreds of careers.
- California Occupational Guides - The California version of the Occupational Outlook Handbook; the labor market information is specificially for jobs in CA.
- America's Career Infonet - A part of CareerOneStop, this site lists information regarding occupation profiles, fastest-growing organizations, most openings, largest employers and more.
- Career Guides by JobStar - A listing of sites packed with information about planning your career including industry information.
- Business Week Management Area - Loaded with career information from articles on job trends and career strategies to tools and resources for comparing salaries and living costs.
- USAJobs - official hiring website of the Federal Government, this site contains job posting and information on hiring paths.
- Sciencecareers.org - website for finding jobs, researching trends and gaining information on working in the sciences.
- US Federal Employment - The best site to use if looking for employment with the federal government.
The next step in refining your search once narrowing down industries is to research different companies that may be a fit for your skills, personality and values.
- Handshake - Our job and internship posting board is also a great place to start getting information on specific companies.
- LinkedIn - While also a professional networking tool, this is also a good resource for exploring different companies and job titles.
- Hoovers - Website that provides information on over 85 million companies including contact info, their rankings, competitors and more.
- Indeed.com - This is great site for looking up specific companies and the current positions they have available.
- Glassdoor - Find information on companies, salaries, interviewing and jobs. Login with your UMail address.
- GoinGlobal - Lists information on hundreds of national and overseas employers. Students can access through Handshake.