Career Services Peer Advisor
Peer Responsibilities Include:
- Actively develop a working knowledge of agency and campus referral sources in the areas of career exploration, internships, job search and graduate school.
- Advise students in their initial stages of career planning and provide appropriate referrals to advisors, counselors, or other campus agencies as needed.
- Conduct research for career library including revision and organization of current materials.
- Recommend students to appropriate occupational profiles, handouts, resource materials and computer programs relevant to their needs.
- Help students with Handshake login and internet job searches for part-time, internship and career employment options.
- Troubleshoot questions when applying for positions through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program.
- Conduct formal/informal group presentations to students, faculty and staff about Career Services.
- Assist career counselors with program development and implementation of specialty areas.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and training of new Career Peer Advisors.
- Provide tours of Career Resource Room as requested.
- Serve as ambassadors for Career Services and market our programs to students, academic departments, residence halls and student organizations.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- ALL majors and all class levels (except graduating seniors) are encouraged to apply
- Interested in helping your fellow Gauchos with majors, employment, and careers
- Patient and responsible
- Comfortable working in a team, as well as being a self-starter
- Organized and able to manage time