Career Services uses a new dynamic recruitment platform known as Handshake, a contemporary recruitment and career planning software that will enhance your brand and connect you directly with talented UCSB students and recent alumni.
To learn more about using Handshake, please visit the Handshake Resource Center for useful articles on Getting Started, Managing User Settings, Understanding Privacy Settings, Posting a Job, and much more!
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job or internship
- Post a work-study job
- Schedule interviews with students who wish to join your company/organization
- Register for career fairs and request information sessions
- Help UCSB students to put their scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Instructions for Registering on Handshake
- VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
- CONNECT WITH UCSB: Use the search bar to find "University of California, Santa Barbara" and click the “+” to connect with us!
- CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by UCSB Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with UCSB.
Instructions for Posting a Job on Handshake
Now that you are connected with UCSB on Handshake, you can post your job!
- POST A JOB: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information in regards to the Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences. *Please note according to UCSB Career Services policies, cooperative education will not be approved. Please email CareerInternships@sa.ucsb.eduwith any questions.
- SCHOOL SELECTION: On the left side of the screen, you will be able to add schools. Click the “+” next to "University of California, Santa Barbara" to add UCSB!
- CREATE: Choose “Create” on the bottom navigation to create and review your job. After entering your job details, you can preview your job posting as students will see it.
- CONFIRMATION: Your job posting will be reviewed by UCSB Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to UCSB students and alumni.
For additional information see: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693198-How-do-I-post-a-job-
Additional company-related information:
- How do I create a user account and join a company already in Handshake?
- How do I create a new company in Handshake?
- How do I leave a company and join another one? (if you picked the wrong company)