UCSB Experiential Education Group
Vision: To develop and promote experiential education across UCSB in order to increase awareness and accessibility for all students to take part in experiential opportunities as well as educate staff and faculty on related policy issues.
Mission: The Experiential Education Group (EEG) is comprised of and open to UCSB staff and faculty dedicated to promoting experiential education programs that engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection in order to increase knowledge, develop skills, clarify values, and develop students' capacity to contribute to their communities. Additionally, EEG aims to help inform staff of UC, state and national regulations pertaining to experiential education in order to help departments be aware of compliance in relation to these opportunities.
- Up-to-date awareness of the issues surrounding experiential education
- Internal UCSB updates on different departments and programs
- Knowledge of current legal issues and court cases
- National updates pertaining to experiential education
- Best practice sharing
- Information on the latest tools and technology
- Referrals and collaborations with other departments/offices both on and off campus
- Sharing of potential funding opportunities for programs
- Advocacy and outreach
- Connecting with other constituents across campus to promote experiential education, such as researching and implementing ways to increase student accessibility to experiential opportunities
- Promote diversity and inclusion in our efforts and in experiential education campus-wide
The Experiential Education Committee aims to put on events throughout the year for students, faculty and staff. Please see below for more info:
Internships 101 (for Students)
Thinking about getting an internship? Not sure where to start? Come to one of these workshops to learn more about what you should consider about getting an internship, tips and strategies for locating and landing opportunities, and tools for helping you get started!
for International Students
Monday, January 14th, 2019
SRB, Mulipurpose Room
for Humanities & Social Science Majors
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019
HSSB, Room 6020 (McCune Conference Room_
for Students Still Deciding on Careers
Tuesday, January 29th, 2019
Phelps (Check Handshake our the Career Services calendar for room number)
for EOP + First Gen Students
Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
Career Services, Room 1109
For more information, contact Amanda Asquith, UCSB Career Services' Internship & Experience Manager at email@example.com or Eric Zimmerman, Department of Environmental Studies' Student Affairs Officer and Internship Director at zimmerman.es.ucsb.edu.