Career Planning can often be a very scary and daunting experience so Career Services is here to help you through every step of the process. First consider these questions:
1. “Who am I” and “What do I want?”
2. “What’s out there for me?”
We do our best at career services to provide up-to-date career related information and resources for you to begin this research.
3. “How do I get there?”
Here we’ve laid out the core elements of the job search process
Career planning is a process of assessing yourself (interests, values, skills, lifestyle, personality) and finding a career that fits your needs. We want you to pick a career path that is both fulfilling and rewarding and we are here to help you with that process. Explore the links in the following pages and then feel free to make an appointment with a career counselor to assist you with this process.
The first step to finding a career that will make you happy is to know what you want:
- What is important to you, worth giving 40 hours per week of your precious time for?
- What are you good at, and what skills do you want to develop?
- What are you passionate about, or at least interested in?
- Which of your personality traits will be seen as assets in which careers?
- And what is your bottom line: How much money do you need to earn?
- Where do you want to live?
- Do you want to travel on your job?
- How can you balance work and your social life?
These are the kinds of questions that our career planning services will help you answer.