The mission of Career Services is to help the students and recent graduates of the University of California identify and fulfill their career goals. We serve as the bridge between their college experience and employment or graduate school, helping them apply what they have learned. By providing comprehensive resources, programs, and counseling on career development, internships, employment, and graduate school, we assist students and recent graduates to make career decisions, connect with employers, and attain their life goals. Our principles of service are:
- We value each individual as unique and part of a diverse and inclusive community.
- We provide undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates with caring, customized service, individualized to meet the changing needs of students and the job market.
- We participate in a wide range of partnerships with employers, campus and local communities, and academic and administrative departments to enhance the development of students.
- We employ the best tools - both human and technological - to maximize the accessibility and effectiveness of our services.
- We maintain a collection of carefully selected resources both in our library and on-line
Career Services has developed a three-year strategic plan aimed at helping to guide our service delivery and resource allocation decisions moving forward. While we currently provide a comprehensive range of programs and services, the focus of the strategic plan is on new, high-impact initiatives that we plan to accomplish over the next three years.
We would also like to present our latest Annual Report. It provides an overview of our programs, services, accomplishments, and outcomes from the previous academic year. To view the most recent Annual Report, as well as our other assessment initiatives, please visit our Assessments webpage.