Career Services is here to assist students in identifying and fulfilling their future goals and aspirations. By providing comprehensive resources, programs, and counseling on career development, internships, employment, and graduate school, our professional staff helps students make positive career decisions, connect with employers, and attain their life goals.
How do we do that?
Together, we can help you:
- Choose your major and connect it to a future occupation by engaging in assessments to discover your skills, interests and personality
- Learn about different occupations
- Get experience (volunteer/internship/research) and connect you with employers via career fairs and information sessions events
- Polish up your resume and cover letter and prepare for an upcoming interview
- Learn the process about applying to graduate school
Where do you begin?
Stop by for:
10-Minute Drop-In Advising Sessions are available Monday through Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No prior appointment is necessary. It is first-come-first-serve and is best for answering quick questions about your career. Summer hours 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
30-Minute Career Counseling Appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m by calling (805) 893-4412 to schedule an appointment. Please note we do not schedule same day appointments.
Please note that the staff at Career Services cannot help you with course selection, evaluating your progress toward a degree, or other academic advising issues. For these needs, please see an academic advisor in your major and/or your college.
If you are interested in a specific industry, we have specialty career counselors to help you! They have in-depth knowledge in specific areas.
- Amanda Asquith - Internship Strategies, Education & Human Services
- Maddie Foster - Engineering, Health Professions
- Derek Musashe - Sciences, Health Professions
- Maya Salmon - Law & Public Service
- JoAnn Salvador - Business, Finance, & Entrepreneurship
- Molly Steen - Education & Human Services, Law & Public Service
- Eric Wilder - Arts & Media
Where do you want to go? We can help you get there!